Friday 28 May 2010

Cityitis Strikes Again

Cityitis - the law of if it can go wrong it will go wrong in the world of Manchester City Football Club.

At around lunchtime today, an hour before the Manchester derby was due to begin, I contacted a friend (United supporter - from Nottingham, natch).

My text: stick on united win, probably as a result of some contentious decision which united get away with.

As the game progressed into the second half, United brought on Michael Owen. I've seen Owen play against City a million times, and it's the law that he always scores. So I text my mate: owen always scores against us.

The ref plays six minutes of Fergietime at the end of the game - when he had added on four. Owen turns up with 15 seconds of this to go and scores to send City fans into a slough of despond.

Work tomorrow will be a nightmare. I'm already thinking how I can throw a sickie, merely to avoid the self-satisfied non-Mancunians rubbing it in my face. And this when I'm on a hair-trigger with everything else that's going on.

Why am I always right - even when I don't want to be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment